1. If you receive a scholarship/financial award or other award and would like it announced at the Senior Award Night on May 18 at 7:00 p.m., please notify the Guidance Office with a copy of the award on their letterhead by Wednesday, May 3, 2017. Awards will also be published in the Wilmington News Journal.
2. To verify your high school graduation date, the college you plan to attend next year will want to receive a copy of your final transcript. To request that be sent, please bring in an envelope addressed to the college with the proper postage attached. Leave the return address blank (we will stamp the high school return address there) and put your name on the inside flap. If you have applied to more than one school, it is courteous to notify theschool(s) you will not attend of your plans.
3. To participate in the graduation ceremony, you must attend the practice session on Friday, May 26 at 10:00 a.m. There are no exceptions to this requirement. The graduation ceremony is at 7:00 p.m. (doors open at 6:00 p.m.). Both the ceremony and practice are held in the Wilmington Middle School gymnasium. You should not write anything on the top of your cap. If we see anything on it during line-up before commencement, it will be taken and you will receive a different cap to wear. Caps/gowns can be picked up April 25 at lunch.
4. Seniors will receive ten (10) tickets for graduation. These can be picked up on Tuesday, May 16 in the auditeria during lunch. (Laurel Oaks students will receive their tickets on May 15 following senior awards practice. Scarlet Oaks and Live Oaks students may pick up tickets in the Guidance Office on or after May 15, 7:30-4:00, Monday through Friday.) There will be no extra tickets available until the morning of graduation. Seniors do not need a ticket for themselves, only their guests. Every guest attending, except for infants (under 2 years of age), will need a ticket to enter. If you are not on track to graduate due to incomplete credits, VLA classes, or OGT, you will receive your tickets at the completion of all requirements. Any cap and gown that are paid for but were not picked up can be picked up in the Guidance Office.
5. There will be a senior breakfast the morning of graduation at 9:00 a.m. (before practice) at the Hurricane Youth Football Complex behind the high school.
6. Tassels – If you want to buy just a tassel, they will be for sale at graduation practice for $10. If possible, Please purchase one ahead of time so we do not run out the day of graduation.
7. Chromebooks - All Chromebooks will need to be returned or purchased before graduation. There will be a Chromebook turn-in day in late May. At this time all Chromebooks will be turned in and inspected for damage. Any damages will need to be paid for before graduation. Any senior who wants to keep their Chromebook may do so for a $100 price. If you purchase your Chromebook, it will be removed from the WCS Network and will be yours to do with as you please.
8. Yearbooks - April 22 is the last chance to buy a 2017 yearbook. Yearbooks can be purchased online at yearbooksforever.com or a check for $75 made out to WHS Yearbook can be sent to the library. There are a
limited number of yearbooks available this year. When they are sold out, no more will be available. Yearbooks can be picked up at WHS sometime in the fall. The last week of April (24-28) will be Then & Now Week for seniors wanting a Then & Now picture in the yearbook. Pictures will be taken 5th period in the Media Center during this week. Cost is $5 per person per picture. BRING YOUR OLD PICTURE WITH YOU! There is still time for parents to put Baby Ad messages in the yearbook as well. The deadline for this is April 22, and they can be done at www.yearbooksforever.com
9. The last day for seniors is Monday, May 22.
Any action of any senior during the final quarter that causes damage to the building or extra work by any staff to clean up will result in that senior being banned from walking in the graduation ceremony.